I love Chilli, but being a none meat eater it can be quite difficult to find a nice one.
There is also another issue in that vegetarian mince is often quite rank. In that respect the following recipe for a Vegetarian Chilli is actually really tasty and so simple to make.
For this recipe I used Asda’s own vegetarian mince, although Quorn or any other supermarket brand is acceptable.
Here’s the recipe.
Vegetarian Chilli Recipe
- 1 pack of Vegetarian Mince (any brand)
- 1-2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 215g can kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
To make simple fry the onions, garlic and pepper gently until soft, before adding the mince and cooking for around 4-5 minutes on a low medium heat. Once this is done, add in the spices, cook for one minute further and then add in the tomato puree, stir and then add in the rest of the ingredients.
Serve warm, either with Taco shells or rice. You can also serve with Greek Yoghurt or Sour Cream if you wish, although this dish isn’t too spicy.